Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hello. I am a fanboy.


So I watched one of TotalBiscuit’s videos where he basically takes potshots at anything and everything more popular than himself in an attempt to create drama and viewers, and one of his many remarks was that he “didn’t believe” in company loyalty, and that he’s flabbergasted that anybody has any goodwill toward Blizzard given their “recent business decisions.”  To put it as respectfully as I can, I think he’s full of it.

I’ve been playing Blizzard games since Blackthorne on the SNES and Warcraft 2.  Every single Blizzard game I have played, I have enjoyed immensely.  Every.  Single.  One.  So, after a 15-plus year history of fantastic, memorable experiences, I’ve come to trust the Blizzard brand.  Clearly, that makes me a fanboy.   Why on earth does that make me a fanboy?  Blizzard has given me (well, sold me) great experience after great experience for more than half my life.  I’m 27 years old; that’s a long time, particularly in the gaming scene.  Why should I forget goodwill (and good times) built up since I was twelve years old over a few decisions that, at worst, cause me minor inconvenience and the occasional ESPORTS DRAMA?

All this comes after hearing TotalBiscuit, who promptly insults you if you disagree with him, and reading the vitriol posted on Blizzard forums and even Team Liquid.  If you don’t like a game, that’s okay.  Nobody’s making you play it.  Shut up and move along.  So to the inevitable cry of fanboy that I may or may not hear, I have a response.  You don’t have to agree with me.  You also don’t have to be a dick about disagreeing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment